From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Recruitment issues and potential improvement
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:21:50
1 On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:16:50 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > You still don't get my point. My point is: if a recruit has proven me
4 > (and possibly some other developers) that he can use grep, sed, awk,
5 > whatever just fine, why does he have to bother answering some stupid
6 > quiz question?
7
8 How do you prove that you're confident your recruit has proven that?
9
10 Testing exists because mentors are inexperienced and a single point of
11 failure when it comes to evaluating recruits.
14 Ciaran McCreesh