From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Making "stabilization" a prerequisite to become a Gentoo Developer
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:41:18
1 On 02/10/2017 01:13, Christopher Díaz wrote:
2 > Given the necessity of testing and stabilizing software in Gentoo Linux
3 > and the ammount of testers is not enough to test all the packages on
4 > the given architectures, this GLEP proposes to make the "testing" and
5 > "stabilization"  processes a required stage to become a Gentoo Linux
6 > Developer.
7
8 I don't think telling volunteers what to work on is going to be effective.
9
10 You do recognize a valid problem though. I wonder if a better way of
11 tackling it could be improved tooling and automation. Volunteers welcome
12 of course, and you don't even need to be a developer.
13
14 Paweł