From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 19:19:32
1 On 2021-05-03 20:12, Sam James wrote:
2 > I think we’re worrying about a non-problem (some hypothetical
3 > legal dispute(!?)). The council
4 > Is free to discuss what it likes. Someone has raised the issue,
5 > so why not?
6 >
7 > Reminder that none of us are lawyers and the council’s job
8 > is to debate things. Let’s not be shy about it doing that.
9
10 No, this is wrong.
11
12 During a council meeting, only council members should speak. Everyone
13 else has to wait for the open floor at the end.
14
15 Therefore, to allow others to participate, any discussion should happen
16 before meeting on public mailing list to allow *everyone* to participate.
17 Having an exclusive discussion between 7 people is really not the idea
18 of the council. That said, creating a motion during meeting when nobody
19 else had the chance to comment on before because nobody knew the motion
20 before, is strongly discouraged.
21
22 That's why I am proposing to move this to open floor...
23
24 I also want to remind us of the fact that we agreed during constitution
25 to have focused meetings [1] and I believe an open agenda item like this
26 discussion where we can do nothing goes against focused meetings.
29 [1] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20200719.txt
33 Regards,
34 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
35 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature