From: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
To: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, wiki@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Removing "Gentoo [Linux]" from Wiki project names
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 01:02:31
1 On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 17:50:38 -0700
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 > It should be pretty obvious that all of these are part of Gentoo,
4 > since they're projects on wiki.gentoo.org :)
7 I suspect it enhances Googability of those pages, if you search for
8 "gentoo blah" it will make that page much more likely to show up.
9
10 > Many projects (e.g., BSD, Cinnamon, Cjk, Crypto, Devmanual, Elections,
11 > ...) already do not have "Gentoo" in the title, so I think this will
12 > add consistency.
13 >
14 > Are there any that should retain "Gentoo" or "Gentoo Linux" in the
15 > name? Perhaps there are some that might be ambiguous without it?