From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <zlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Another 2 bite the dust
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:34:21
1 On Wednesday 14 May 2008 22:01:47 Steve Long wrote:
2 > > Jacub, one of the best developers around that actually cared about the
3 > > service we provide to our users was suspended while trying to do so,
4 > > and now he is not active anymore.
5 >
6 > Yeah they'll fsck up quick without him imo. They did when they suspended
7 > him, and they weren't exactly gracious about asking him back, despite their
8 > clear desperation. Seems like pride is the hardest thing to swallow ;)
9
10 Desperation? Funny.. What I remember from the two weeks he was suspended over
11 a year ago (April, 2007), is a few developers spending a lot of time flaming
12 the developer relation's lead at the time for supposedly causing them more
13 work through the suspension. His misbehaviour was clearly irrelevant...
14
15 Both then and now (where he's actually been missing longer than he was ever
16 suspended) I'd say we're doing pretty fine in this regard except for a few
17 developers who like to whine loudly at every opportunity, when they think a
18 bug wrangler did anything wrong (and the bug in question was assigned to
19 them). At the time of this writing there are only 12 bugs assigned to bug
20 wranglers...
23 Bo Andresen
24 Gentoo KDE Dev