From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Hiding problems, breach of Gentoo Social Contract
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:13:54
1 Raymond Jennings schrieb:
2 > That is another thing.
3 >
4 > If things are kept secret, how will the "accused" know on what basis
5 > to make their appeals?
6
7 I wrote this in a previous post already, but I'll state it again. The
8 process does not work like in a court.
9
10 There is only prosecution (ComRel) and in case of appeal, a jury
11 (Council). There is no defense. The accused will not see the evidence,
12 and thus not be able to review or challenge it. For example, whether any
13 communication presented was complete or taken out of context. There is
14 also no way to find out for the accused whether misconduct was involved
15 by any party. Ian hinted so in his response to the other thread.
16
17 The consequence of this is that the whole process is heavily stacked
18 against the accused, and intentionally so. This can be a good or a bad
19 thing depending on your perspective, but this is how the rules currently
20 are.
23 Best regards,
24 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn