From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 13:34:04
1 Hi Rich,
2
3 And what I'm really asking for here is for somebody to actually
4 > explain what is actually wrong with dynamic dependencies. I have seen
5 > 47 almost-certainly-sincere claims that they're broken, but little in
6 > the way of examples, and the one that has been given (prerm) seems
9 Are you saying you agree that the prerm example is a valid one, except for:
12 > likely to break with static deps the way it is implemented today (we
13 > don't unmerge reverse-deps before upgrading the dep, which breaks
14 > linking that might be required to unmerge the package in the first
15 > place - though it probably only breaks 0.01% of the time and the cure
16 > is likely worse than the disease).
19 I got lost here. Are you invalidating the example or is this a more meta
20 invalidating your invalidation?
21
22 Surely a 99.9% valid example is pretty valid, or did I misinterpret?
23
24 Cheers,
25
26 Seemant