From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Summary of joint meeting between council and trustees
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 01:10:17
Here's the summary of our meeting, I'm going to use our agenda to help
organize it.

Agenda:
  Council:
    - Copyright Policy
      - https://bugs.gentoo.org/642072
      - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/CopyrightPolicy
      - *result* ulm and alicef will work on this with the goal of at
        least enumerating what our current status is by next meeting
    - Financial status of the foundation
      - irs status
      - *result* Foundation is working on finalizing our records for our
        taxes with the goal that we will have this issue more or less
        solved by the end of the tax year (July).
    - Purpose of the Foundation Council split
      - Why we're preventing each from serving on in the other
      - *result* both to prevent conflicts of intrest (council requests
        funding and then as trustees would self approve) and to prevent
        overwork
    - Legal protection for the foundation
      - D&O quote
      - *result* the cost was too high (1-2k per month)
    - Criteria for accepting members to the foundation
      - *result* Foundation was willing to tighten this, something like
        the staffer quiz to be given to non-devs (and judged by the
        trustees and/or officers), it'd take a bylaw change and someone
        to 'champion' it.
    - Funding for travel and meetups
      - *result* waiting on the IRS, once that's complete we will be in
        a more flexible place.

Foundation:
  - CoC enforcement
    - Current enforcement (or lack thereof) exposes us to possible harassment
      claims.
      - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM (about 20 minutes in)
      - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg
  - Comrel
    - Same issues as with CoC enforcement, lack of enforcement exposes
      us to possible harassment claims.
    - Who oversees it and how often are reviews of comrel decisions done?
    - Appointment only from within comrel to comrel member has self
      reenforcement attributes that could be counterproductive.
  - *result*  The above two were combined as they are related
    - Proctors are being worked on (dilfridge and prometheanfire to
      work on it)
      - It was not clear if they should be a sub-project of comrel or
        not.
      - This would help solve CoC enforcement
    - reporting actions taken (or not) on bugs to the trustees so they
      are aware of possible problems (mainly legal) before they hit us.
      - I think this was well taken, but no hard decision on this was
        finalized.

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)