From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Summary of joint meeting between council and trustees
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 01:10:17
1 Here's the summary of our meeting, I'm going to use our agenda to help
2 organize it.
3
4 Agenda:
5 Council:
6 - Copyright Policy
7 - https://bugs.gentoo.org/642072
8 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/CopyrightPolicy
9 - *result* ulm and alicef will work on this with the goal of at
10 least enumerating what our current status is by next meeting
11 - Financial status of the foundation
12 - irs status
13 - *result* Foundation is working on finalizing our records for our
14 taxes with the goal that we will have this issue more or less
15 solved by the end of the tax year (July).
16 - Purpose of the Foundation Council split
17 - Why we're preventing each from serving on in the other
18 - *result* both to prevent conflicts of intrest (council requests
19 funding and then as trustees would self approve) and to prevent
20 overwork
21 - Legal protection for the foundation
22 - D&O quote
23 - *result* the cost was too high (1-2k per month)
24 - Criteria for accepting members to the foundation
25 - *result* Foundation was willing to tighten this, something like
26 the staffer quiz to be given to non-devs (and judged by the
27 trustees and/or officers), it'd take a bylaw change and someone
28 to 'champion' it.
29 - Funding for travel and meetups
30 - *result* waiting on the IRS, once that's complete we will be in
31 a more flexible place.
32
33 Foundation:
34 - CoC enforcement
35 - Current enforcement (or lack thereof) exposes us to possible harassment
36 claims.
37 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM (about 20 minutes in)
38 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg
39 - Comrel
40 - Same issues as with CoC enforcement, lack of enforcement exposes
41 us to possible harassment claims.
42 - Who oversees it and how often are reviews of comrel decisions done?
43 - Appointment only from within comrel to comrel member has self
44 reenforcement attributes that could be counterproductive.
45 - *result* The above two were combined as they are related
46 - Proctors are being worked on (dilfridge and prometheanfire to
47 work on it)
48 - It was not clear if they should be a sub-project of comrel or
49 not.
50 - This would help solve CoC enforcement
51 - reporting actions taken (or not) on bugs to the trustees so they
52 are aware of possible problems (mainly legal) before they hit us.
53 - I think this was well taken, but no hard decision on this was
54 finalized.
59 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)