From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Recruiters need your help!
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 03:20:14
1 Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> writes:
2
3 > It would be probably good to have in the tree only the core components and move other stuff to the thematic overlays.
4 >
5 > Then we can have a clear understanding, how things should be: if
6 > something is a part of the core system, it goes to the tree, if
7 > something is a scientific packages, it lives in the science overlay,
8 > if something is a java stuff it lives in the java overlay, etc.
9
10 This is a good idea. One difficulty: how to handle inter-overlay
11 dependence? Either the dependency should be expressed by overlay +
12 ebuild, or the dependent ebuild should be moved into the "core overlay".
13 I haven't figured out a clean solution yet.