From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Sam James <sam@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting on 2022-02-13
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 07:18:21
1 >>>>> On Wed, 09 Feb 2022, Sam James wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 05 Feb 2022 08:37:17 +0100
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> As I had announced in the January meeting, I'd ask the Council to
7 >> pre-approve the list of features for EAPI 9, as listed here:
8
9 > Please post a statement of intent / RFC to the gentoo-dev ML to
10 > solicit feedback and give others time to make proposals too.
11
12 There is no special time period for making such proposals; future EAPI
13 bugs can be filed at any time. Preferably, they should be filed early,
14 because we've had very bad experience with including last-minute
15 features.
16
17 > If I've missed such an email, my apologies (as I'm currently on
18 > another machine than usual for mail), but I didn't see one when I
19 > looked.
20
21 > I do applaud this moving-a-bit-quicker / agile approach, but
22 > it's important we give a chance for people to raise features
23 > they've been looking to land, and so on.
24
25 That is not how it works. The workflow is documented here:
26 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Package_Manager_Specification/Future_EAPI_process
27
28 Ulrich