From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-01-13: call for agenda items
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:43:06
1 On 12/27/14 07:34, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > The next council meeting will be in roughly two weeks time on Tuesday
3 > 2015-01-13, 19:00 UTC in the #gentoo-council channel on Freenode.
4 >
5 > For proposing agenda items and discussion of these, please reply to this mail
6 > on the gentoo-project mailing list.
7 >
8 > Cheers,
9 > Andreas
12 I'd like to add a discussion on glep 39. In particular, under
13 specifications we have:
14
15 "It may have one or many leads, and the leads are selected by the
16 members of the project. This selection must occur at least once every 12
17 months, and may occur at any time."
18
19 That requirement and others in the glep assume two things: 1) we have a
20 team which is not lame and 2) the team has a lead which is not lame.
21 We've seen cases where both are true. This gives rise to situations
22 where we are not sure who's on the team, who is in charge of what, etc.
23 Worse, someone willing to help out doesn't feel he/she has the authority
24 to make commits, can't get that authority and feels paralyzed or just
25 acts without cooperation.
26
27 I'd like to discuss this in light of glep 39 and see if we can't
28 steamline the workflow in these cases.
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
33 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
35 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA