From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Mounir Lamouri (volkmar)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 20:50:30
1 Joining us from Paris, France is Mounir "volkmar" Lamouri. He will
2 initially be working on the voip stuff and has brought the voip team
3 back to life.
4
5 He says he has good skills in C, C++ and Java. He studied Ada (I had to
6 look up what that is) and Ruby. As a software engineering student he
7 also has SQL and other IT skills. Now comes the interesting part: He's
8 quite experienced in the video game industry where he has been working
9 for almost 1.5 years. That means he is one of those people who are
10 making me slack so much. Now you know who to blame.
11 He says he has done a homebrew for the Nintendo DS and that he is
12 experienced in system programming as well.
13 Apart from the usual IT stuff, Mounir also likes writing: He is involved
14 in the newspaper of his college and he wrote a book that was published
15 two years ago.
16 Last but not least, he loves(!) politics. Thus, we have a perfect new
17 candidate to carry on all the flamewars on the mailing lists and on IRC.
20 My guess is there's no point in hiding it: Mounir has been around for
21 about a month already and I just failed to do the announcement again.
22 The world needs less video games.
23
24 Best regards,
25 Tobias Heinlein