From: Emily Rowlands <emily.rowlands+gentoo@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] glep-0076: add clarification about the sign-off requirements
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:50:02
1 On 28/07/2021 05:29, Sam James wrote:
2
3 >> 3. Recently we've had a couple of cases where our long-standing
4 >> contributors, with ~300 commits in total, reveal they've been using
5 >> pseudonyms. I'm sure there are many others. AFAIK all their commits
6 >> should then be revoked, and possibly future contributions rejected
7 >> due to trust issues?
8 >
9 > I don't think that's written down anywhere and part of the problem
10 > is that at least in the UK, AFAIK, if it's a name you're legitimately using,
11 > it's yours -- even if you weren't born with it, and so on.
12
13 This is true, the requirement for changing your name in the UK is simply
14 "write some magic legal words on a bit of paper and have a friend sign
15 it". There is no central register of "legal names", aside from perhaps
16 the list of people who have passports/driving licenses etc. More
17 information can be found here: https://www.freedeedpoll.org.uk/free
18
19 Emily