From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: trustees <trustees@g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, infra <infra@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Communication with Foundation Members
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:48:42
1 On 17:31 Wed 21 Jan , Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > So, I suggest we establish a new mailinglist (say,
3 > foundation-announce@g.o) and make sure that all members are
4 > subscribed to it. I further suggest that we maintain a small list of
5 > people who may post to the list so that only communications from the
6 > Foundation to its members are sent to it. This fulfills our obligation
7 > to be able to send required announcements to the membership (announcing
8 > elections, questions put to the membership for approval, and such like).
9 > It has the side benefit of giving us immediate validation of the email
10 > addresses we have on record for our members and allows us to correct (if
11 > possible) any stale email addresses. (If yours changes but you don't
12 > tell us, we have no way of knowing unless we send something to you.)
13 >
14 > Comments? Please respond rather quickly, because as those of you who
15 > follow Foundation actions know, we are opening nominations for two
16 > trustee positions in a bit over a week.
17
18 A moderated foundation-announce (much like gentoo-announce) would be
19 good. Imagine gentoo-announce without the GLSAs, and that's about the
20 amount of traffic that I consider suitable for a mandatory list.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25
26 Donnie Berkholz