From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:15:47
1 >> I don't get all the fuss about this, though. So the Foundation is in
2 >> trouble, so what? It's basically holding the Gentoo trademark in the
3 >> USA (in Europe, it does *not*, another legal entity does here) and it
4 >> is the copyright holder of the ebuilds.
5 > Maybe it is all about the "so what?" mentality of the core that led to
6 > this mess in the first place?
7
8 Please explain why I should care about the Gentoo Foundation in your opinion.
9
10 > I can understand that this angers the community and drobbins, as it
11 > angers me too.
12
13 I don't. I *do* care about our users, about my ebuilds and the
14 technical side of things. I do *not* care about a foundation that's
15 supposed to be an IP container.
16
17 > But I think that some drastic actions must be taken,
18
19 Why? To appease the mob? What horrible, catastrophic thing has
20 happened? Please explain that. I honestly don't see it.
21
22 > maybe exactly because the bandwagon with the angry mob on it.
23
24 Drastic measures because some people loudly claim the end of the world
25 is coming? No, thank you.
26
27 >> The ebuilds keep coming, we're basically doing "business" as usual and
28 >> that should be enough, I'd say.
29 > Sure, all is fine in the land of Gentoo - problems are for people that
30 > have nothing better to do :(
31
32 Name those problem, please. I'll gladly try to address them if I can.
35 Best regards, Wulf