From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 22:19:43
1 On 2011.08.04 21:06, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 21:42 Wed 03 Aug , Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > No problem - something as radical as that might have stirred more
4 > > interest.
5 >
6 > And we'd hate to have people actually interested in this. =)
7 >
8 > FWIW, I'd like to see us have 3 people at most on the council.
9 >
10 > But regardless of how many people there are, I think they should be
11 > unequal with different areas of responsibility, independent
12 > decision-making authority, and only one person at the top to revert
13 > their decisions. I don't really like how all members are at-large.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Thanks,
17 > Donnie
18 >
19 > Donnie Berkholz
20 > Council Member / Sr. Developer
21 > Gentoo Linux
22 > Blog: http://dberkholz.com
25 A smaller committee for a chief technical officer fits better into a
26 normal corporate structure. A smaller council could form special
27 interest groups to address individual problems so nothing would be lost
28 from the reduced numbers.
31 Regards,
32
33 Roy Bamford