From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Council candidates: Future of the Foundation
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 21:26:26
1 On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 06:30:23AM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Q1: What are your feels on the recent history of the Foundation? (last
3 > 2-3 years)
4
5 My understanding of the last two-three years is that there has been a
6 lot of work to fix the books of the foundation, and this is good. I
7 would like to publically thank you, Robin, for this work.
8
9 > Q2: What should the Foundation do more of?
10 >
11 > Q3: What should the Foundation do less of?
12
13 I do not have much to comment on for these two.
14
15 > Q4: What should become of the Foundation?
16 > * finish 501c6 state
17 > * convert to 501c3 in some way
18
19 This is definitely not my skill set, so I don't have much to say, but I
20 do think the foundation should continue long-term and go for one of
21 these options. While the council represents the technical leadership of
22 the distribution, the foundation owns the trademark and logo. I feel
23 that we need a legal entity of some sort that actually owns those
24 interests.
25
26 Thanks,
27