From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] maintainer-wanted bugcount
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:46:42
Hi fellows,

when taking a look at the open bug count for bugs assigned to
maintainer-wanted (2450 at the time of writing), it seems pretty obvious
that we really can't handle all of them, at least not without growing at
least two dozen devs to maintain it properly.

As I highly doubt this will happen within a week, we have to make a
decision how to proceed with this stuff. So what options do we have?
These come to mind:

a) WONTFIX them within 4 or 8 weeks without picking them up
b) reassign them to herds (some herds are on CC) and have them
   respond withing 4-8 weeks and give a yey or boo.
c) let interested users move it to sunrise (some of them are there)
   so that the ebuilds are at least at our QA level we maintain for
   gentoo-x86 and are there to be picked up by devs if they're

If you have more options or comments, I'd like to hear about them, as we
definitely have to do something there.
F'up is set to gentoo-project as this is more a political thing.

Subject Author
[gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] maintainer-wanted bugcount Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>