From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Handbooks moving to the wiki
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:18:25
1 On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > This discussion is getting absurd.
4 >
5 > Centralizing the documentation (i.e. moving to the wiki in this place)
6 > makes a lot of sense. If we loose some of the former layouts for a
7 > moment, then that's the way it is.
10 ++
11
12 If necessary it could be stuck on the council agenda, but I'd be
13 shocked if the vote wasn't 7-0 to let it move it to the wiki with
14 whatever compromises are necessary to make it happen (this isn't
15 nearly as controversial as dropping changelogs when we move to git).
16 I'd suggest just moving forward - if anybody wants to force a council
17 vote they can stick it on the next agenda.
18
19 I'm all for having versions of the handbook available in any format
20 that people are willing to provide, including a hardcover tabletop
21 edition with glossy pages and a bronze Larry the Cow on the cover. I
22 just think that the onus is on those who want such things to provide
23 them.