From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting on 2022-02-13
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 03:32:43
1 On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 03:16:38AM +0500, Anna Vyalkova wrote:
2 > In addition to repackaging maintainers should ask upstream to include
3 > vendor directory in their release tarballs or VCS. It's as simple as
4 > running "go mod vendor". I think upstream will be scared enough with
5 > current ebuilds and manifests to do it :)
6
7 If we create a vendor tarball, as I did with app-containers/cosign,
8 there is no re-packaging to it. You just cd into the project, checkout
9 the appropriate tag, run "go mod vendor" and package up the vendor
10 directory.
11
12 Take a look at the app-containers/cosign ebuild.
13
14 I am working now on updates to the eclass that will support ebuilds for
15 packages that do not have a vendor directory without using EGO_SUM.
16
17 William