From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-10-14
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 15:53:23
1 >>>>> On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2
3 > If this is something to vote on in the meeting, lets have something we
4 > can actually vote on before the meeting, please.
5 > Can you come up with a wording of all this then that we can confidently
6 > vote on, worded suitable for such, with the intentions clear in regards
7 > to MUST/SHALL/SHOULD/MAY and whatnot? Maybe without referencing an
8 > outside RFC to define what English words mean (or worse - using its
9 > definitions without referencing it).
10
11 How about this motion:
12
13 The simplified form of the copyright attribution according to
14 GLEP 76 [1], i.e., "Copyright YEARS Gentoo Authors", should be used
15 for ebuilds and profile files in the Gentoo repository.
16
17 Exceptionally, files carrying the long form of the copyright attribution
18 ("Copyright YEARS MAIN-CONTRIBUTOR [OTHER-CONTRIBUTOR]... [and others]")
19 can also be accepted, if there are valid reasons why the simplified
20 attribution cannot be used.
21
22 [1] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0076.html#simplified-attribution