From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-10-14
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 15:53:23
> If this is something to vote on in the meeting, lets have something we > can actually vote on before the meeting, please. > Can you come up with a wording of all this then that we can confidently > vote on, worded suitable for such, with the intentions clear in regards > to MUST/SHALL/SHOULD/MAY and whatnot? Maybe without referencing an > outside RFC to define what English words mean (or worse - using its > definitions without referencing it).
How about this motion: The simplified form of the copyright attribution according to GLEP 76 [1], i.e., "Copyright YEARS Gentoo Authors", should be used for ebuilds and profile files in the Gentoo repository. Exceptionally, files carrying the long form of the copyright attribution ("Copyright YEARS MAIN-CONTRIBUTOR [OTHER-CONTRIBUTOR]... [and others]") can also be accepted, if there are valid reasons why the simplified attribution cannot be used. [1] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0076.html#simplified-attribution