From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 15:25:27
1 Dnia 2 lutego 2016 09:06:30 CET, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Justin Lecher (jlec) <jlec@g.o>
3 >wrote:
4 >> Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to
5 >discuss
6 >> or vote on.
7 >
8 >Since we were unable to reach consensus so far, I would like to submit
9 >the issue of picking a new XML validation language to the Council.
10 >
11 >Pretty much all the relevant information is in this thread:
12 >https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/a1825d5b2a2a16e9e027f6e8dc6d1fd8
13 >
14 >If RELAX NG were chosen, I volunteer to convert all the DTDs that are
15 >still relevant. (Hopefully someone else will step forward if XML
16 >Schema is chosen, instead.)
17
18 I think I was the only person wanting XML Schema. Feel free to go with RELAX NG since that seems to work for more current uses.
19
20 Just please keep only one format in the repository, and do conversion infra-side. Preferably let's create a new repo for that, and aim at replacing all DTDs (that are still used) with it.
21
25 >Cheers,
26 >
27 >Dirkjan