From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:57:32
1 Gah, wrong sender address...why can't gmail just noticed that my
2 gentoo.org address was in the thread before; I have no idea...
3
4 On 1/19/08, Alec Warner <antarus@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > On 1/19/08, Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6 > > Dominik Riva wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > On Jan 15, 2008 2:15 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop@g.o> wrote:
9 > > >
10 > > >> Please explain why I should care about the Gentoo Foundation in your
11 > > >> opinion.
12 > > >
13 > > > Maybe because it is a the part of Gentoo was designed to holds Gentoo's
14 > > > assets? Things like the logo, servers, name, ... oh and don't forget the
15 > > > money - all rather unimportant things, right?
16 > > >
17 > > Well I for one would like the option of never reincorporating to be
18 > > discussed. The only thing that would matter is the trademark/brand. Infra
19 > > seems to be owned by others in any case, people and organisations who use
20 > > Gentoo as part of their work and thus have a vested interest in it
21 > > continuing.
22 >
23 > We have existing relationships we would like to maintain and that
24 > requires having a legal entity to maintian them. Having that entity
25 > be a single individual leads us with a SPOF; hence the time currently
26 > being spent to re-instate the foundation.
27 >
28 > -Alec
31 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list