From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Official rsync->git mirror & 'Git mirror' project announcement
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 07:29:58
1 NP-Hardass <np.hardass@×××××.com> napisał:
2
3 >Alexey Lapitsky <lex.public <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >> Hi,
7 >>
8 >> Looks awesome, great initiative!
9 >>
10 >> I'm wondering if it makes sense to integrate travis-ci to run QA
11 >tests
12 >> automatically?
13 >>
14 >> > Since the changes will be re-committed in CVS manually, we will end
15 >up
16 >updating the commit message anyway.
17 >>
18 >> It should be possible to automate this step as well. Is there a
19 >reason
20 >> why not to do that?
21 >>
22 >> --
23 >>
24 >> Alexey
25 >
26 >Looks like they opted to roll their own system to use travis with
27 >repoman.
28 >(https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-
29 >mirror/blob/master/.travis.yml)
30 >Just a FYI, there is also repoman-travis
31 >(https://github.com/mrueg/repoman-
32 >travis) from mrueg, though it doesn't make sense to use repoman-travis
33 >in
34 >this situation, since repoman-travis assumes that you don't have the
35 >gentoo
36 >tree set up, and imports a copy of it, prior to running repoman. I
37 >use
38 >repoman-travis in all of my overlays.
39
40 We know, mrueg helped us a bit. However, we needed a dedicated script because of repository size and independency :).
41
42 Right now i'm working on replacing it with pcheck. We still have a few minor bugs to fix before deploying though. Then we should be able to perform the most important checks in less than 1 hour! More like 5 minutes, i suspect.
45 Michał Górny