From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Developer Relations <devrel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:24:38
1 On 06/20/2013 05:53 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Does this mean the QA lead finally gets to suspend people who are
3 > patently not suited for developing a stable distribution without
4 > asking devrel? Because last time we got into the same judge, jury,
5 > and executioner argument, which I guess was just sent for the gallows
6 > (pun intended).
7
8 I'm not against that, but I prefer setting some fast track involving at
9 most 3 people and some procedure also for it.
10
11 E.g. : you can ask for 6h suspension on direct request and by contacting
12 a single devrel person to get an 1week suspension within 2 days.
13
14 > Mind, it's not like I disagree with at least one of the actions that
15 > you took recently, but given your surge approach I would like to
16 > point out that is not your task judging code quality, and yes that
17 > does make me uncomfortable, that you want to pick up the full power
18 > at once, and not collaborate with whom should have been involved in
19 > the process.
20
21 As said, this whole thing is just an interim solution till fast-path
22 procedures get deployed.
23
24 lu