From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 election - Nominations Now Open
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 19:11:43
1 On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 19:58 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > On 2020-06-23 19:34, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 19:17 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
4 > > > We haven't had a new EAPI in a while. I hope it stays that way,
5 > >
6 > > Are you saying you're against fixing bugs in the current EAPI and
7 > > would
8 > > prefer ignoring the problems that have been identified so far?
9 >
10 > Have you stopped punching yourself?
11 >
12 > Nice false dichotomy you've set up, let me instead talk about
13 > something
14 > unrelated ...
15 > > > and we
16 > > > might even reduce the amount of active EAPIs even more so that
17 > > > there's
18 > > > fewer surprises
19 > >
20 > > Are you going to achieve that by committing more ebuilds using
21 > > deprecated EAPIs?
22 > >
23 > Ah damn it must feel good to yell at people.
24 >
25 > I know what you mean, you know what you mean, everyone else is most
26 > likely confused.
27 >
28 > ... do you think this is a good use of time of the readers of this
29 > mailinglist?
30 >
31 > May I suggest that you keep your personal grievances to yourself and
32 > possibly, maybe, not bother other people with it? But that's too much
34 > ask, and you REALLY like to attack me personally. (Like, I write two
35 > emails and BAM there's a gorny trying to throw shade ... which is why
36 > I've mostly abstained from mailinglists for a while. Too predictable
37 > and
38 > no useful results)
39 >
40 > So to get back to your first question, if there are useful changes
41 > then
42 > of course we can discuss them. From my point of view that's fixing
43 > the
44 > wrong things (the ebuild format in itself is ... hmm ... not very
45 > optimal). And we've backdated changes into existing EAPIs, so if it's
46 > "just" a bug the specification could be ammended and problem solve.
49 > To get back to the issue of personal attacks, I don't particularly
50 > enjoy
51 > your brand of negativity, and would appreciate it if you didn't spray
52 > it
53 > around like a male cat. I doubt you'll even understand this, as
54 > you've
55 > carefully managed to skip any criticism before.
58 > Oh well, didn't have a proper flamewar in a while. Not going to have
59 > one. Sad.
62 > Be excellent to each other,
63 >
64 > Patrick
67 Rest assured, those aren't just "personal grievances" of mgorny, lots of
68 people share them. Maybe time for some introspection on your part?