From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>, Michael Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:09:43
2 > maybe we could also try contacting the Free Software Foundation on the
3 > matters. This is probably what they are doing.
4 > """
5 > If a contributor wants the FSF to publish only a pseudonym, that is ok. The
6 > contributor should say this, and state the desired pseudonym, when
7 > answering the request- form. The actual legal papers will use the real
8 > name, but the FSF will publish only the pseudonym. When using one of the
9 > other forms, fill in the real name but ask the contributor to discuss the
10 > use of a pseudonym with assign@×××.org before sending back the signed form.
11 > [1] """
12 > [1]https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html
13
14 As a side note, this concerns the FSF *copyright assignment*.
15
16 We deliberately decided *not* to do any such assignment (which is void in
17 parts of the world anyway) or a FLA (which would be the legally saner
18 alternative) since that involves even more paperwork and legalities that can
19 be debated to death.
20
21 Now, if someone transfers under a pseudonym his/her rights to a known legal
22 body, and that body accepts usage of the pseudonym, then that body can
23 contribute the code under its name with the DCO. This just shifts
24 accountability though.
27 Andreas K. Hüttel
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)