From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fwd: -dev list moderation
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:58:17
1 On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 11:12:29PM +0100, M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 > The only place I can think of at present to direct people is #gentoo IRC
3 > .. not ideal, but probably the best we have presently. There isn't a
4 > list-admin@g.o and I don't even know where that might end up, nor who
5 > would deal with it even!
6 There is a listadmin address.
7
8 listadmin@g.o, listowner@g.o,
9 ${LISTNAME}+owner@l.g.o
10
11 All go to the same place, which is presently myself & a3li's mailboxes
12 as mailing list admins. This is specifically not a moderator role, but
13 rather a technical one.
14
15 It mostly gets people who need help un-subscribing because their ISP
16 broke their address, or figuring out why they are missing some listmail.
17
18 There are the odd misdirected questions, but we usually ask them to
19 resend the question to a different person (or mailing list). Don't
20 blindly forward without consent (this should become more of a defacto
21 practice for privacy regulations that want to consider names & email
22 addresses as PII).
25 Robin Hugh Johnson
26 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
27 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
28 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
29 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136