From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] My manifesto for 2015/2016
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 18:20:24
1 On 7/9/15 6:05 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > * Gentoo needs consistency in terms of policies. For example, right now
3 > we have https://devmanual.gentoo.org and
4 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Policies. The qa
5 > policies page contradicts some things in the developer manual, so there
6 > is no clear way to point to the official policies.
7
8 Could you give examples of the inconsistencies?
9
10 Please consider e.g. filing bugs for each issue.
11
12 > * The Gentoo Code of Conduct still needs to be revisited. We started
13 > that process this term, but it was not completed.
14
15 Could you elaborate on that? I'd agree Code of Conduct is important,
16 just wondering what specifically would you like to do.
17
18 > * The council should only be asked to make a decision on an issue when
19 > the issue cannot be settled by the community itself. As it has been said
20 > by others, the council should do what it can to stay out
21 > of the way of innovations, which should come from the developers.
22
23 Yup, I can't agree more with this.
24
25 Curious though - do you think the current Council wasn't acting
26 according to above approach? If so, could you give examples?
27
28 Paweł