From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 12:46:41
1 Samuli Suominen:
2 >
3 > On 09/05/14 21:37, Tom Wijsman wrote:
4 >>> It's counterproductive, means now user needs to read sourcecode of
5 >>> each package to determine it for himself, no global USE="gtk"
6 >>> possible anymore, massive pollution of package.use.
7 >> So, rehashing it in a thread to which it is unrelated yields no results.
10 > I'm not so sure, it seems QA is picking policies as per what some loud
11 > people on the ML say as opposed to giving overwhelming technical arguments
12 > their proper weight
15 Well, if QA team members confuses "bugs" with "bug reports" and say they
16 don't want to do actual work (aka tinderbox), because it would cause
17 more "bugs", then I have serious doubts about their technical
18 understanding of certain issues.
19
20 Sure, there is always more than one opinion and I'm not posting here
21 because someone decided against my own opinion, but because there is no
22 clear decision whatsoever.
23
24 This isn't the first time... you probably know, the gtk3 vs gtk2 vs gtk
25 flag issue is still UNRESOLVED. I pushed for a clear decision often
26 enough (must be more than a year now) and here we are, still without any.
27 The same applies for tinderbox, applies for pkg-config discussion,
28 applies for...