From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>, hasufell@g.o, licenses@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:50:44
1 On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Alexander Berntsen
2 <alexander@××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Let's bring back libre-sources as a package. GNU already deblobs
4 > Linux, so why should I have to do it myself every time. Another
5 > argument is that deblobbing is very time consuming, particularly for
6 > older hardware. I had a Lemote Yeelong on for three days deblobbing.
7
8 Why is deblobbing (what a stupid word) preferable to simply not
9 building things that require proprietary firmware?