From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Status update of Sunrise project?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:03:33
1 Dnia 2015-04-12, o godz. 07:22:17
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 5:59 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
5 > > On 04/11/2015 01:54 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >> 1. What does proxy-maintainers lack in comparison to sunrise
8 > >> exclusively. The immediate question is whether sunrise should be
9 > >> migrated to proxy-maintainers, so this specific comparison is
10 > >> important.
11 > >>
12 > >
13 > > proxy-maintainers lack:
14 > > 1. a repository with a usable VCS
15 >
16 > proxy-maintainers is using git. Am I missing something?
17 >
18 > > 2. an actual review workflow... @proxy-maintainers are just some sort of
19 > > backup committers. it's not a hub for contributors to gather, discuss,
20 > > get reviews and improve skills
21 >
22 > My understanding is that github pull-requests are being used. I'll
23 > buy that the project is still fairly immature but it seems like they
24 > have a decent foundation for a review-oriented workflow. Perhaps you
25 > might consider getting involved and building improvements?
26 >
27 > > 3. means to ensure the tree doesn't break
28 >
29 > Well, we don't even do this well in the main repository.
30 > proxy-maintainers can use repoman, as can committers, but I'll buy
31 > that those aren't the best solution. There are already efforts to get
32 > travis-ci working on the main tree, and presumably this could be
33 > applied to proxy-maintainers as well.
34
35 Some of the proxy-maintainers have already switched to our git Gentoo
36 repo mirror. There, the pull requests are automatically checked using
37 repository-wide pcheck runs thanks to travis. This is actually better
38 than what most of Gentoo developers do, even though I asked them
39 multiple times to use the mirror when in doubt.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny