From: "Christopher Díaz Riveros" <chrisadr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: A plan for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 18:03:50
Hi Daniel,

El mié, 06-12-2017 a las 09:53 -0700, Daniel Robbins escribió:
> 3. I will continue to work with members of the Gentoo dev team on > various development-related projects. If, for running for council, I > am required to be a Gentoo developer, I can go through the > recruitment process. However, I am frankly happy working with Gentoo > developers as I am doing now and I feel like it is less likely to > cause problems if I do NOT have direct commit access to Gentoo repos. > So maybe the council could vote an exception to my need to have > access to the Gentoo repos. I think this would make it easier for > everyone -- people would not need to worry that I would subvert > existing processes. And I see no reason why I need direct commit > access. >
Just to mention that if that's the case you can always take the non- commit developer quiz [1]. That way you'll meet all the requirements in the election rules. And it's a good way to refresh all the basic knowledge about the procedures and structure.
Personally I like the idea of Gentoo and Funtoo having more collaboration among each other, and I think that the primary goal is and always will be to make Gentoo better. [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Recruiters/Quiz#Quiz_selectio n_2 Best regards, -- Christopher Díaz Riveros Gentoo Linux Developer GPG Fingerprint: E517 5ECB 8152 98E4 FEBC 2BAA 4DBB D10F 0FDD 2547