From: "Christopher Díaz Riveros" <chrisadr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: A plan for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 18:03:50
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 El mié, 06-12-2017 a las 09:53 -0700, Daniel Robbins escribió:
4 > 3. I will continue to work with members of the Gentoo dev team on
5 > various development-related projects. If, for running for council, I
6 > am required to be a Gentoo developer, I can go through the
7 > recruitment process. However, I am frankly happy working with Gentoo
8 > developers as I am doing now and I feel like it is less likely to
9 > cause problems if I do NOT have direct commit access to Gentoo repos.
10 > So maybe the council could vote an exception to my need to have
11 > access to the Gentoo repos. I think this would make it easier for
12 > everyone -- people would not need to worry that I would subvert
13 > existing processes. And I see no reason why I need direct commit
14 > access.
17 Just to mention that if that's the case you can always take the non-
18 commit developer quiz [1]. That way you'll meet all the requirements in
19 the election rules. And it's a good way to refresh all the basic
20 knowledge about the procedures and structure.
21
22 > intention to run for council. Then hopefully we can focus on bigger
23 > issues like actually making Gentoo better and more fun :)
24 >
25 > Let me know what you think.
28 Personally I like the idea of Gentoo and Funtoo having more
29 collaboration among each other, and I think that the primary goal is
30 and always will be to make Gentoo better.
33 [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Recruiters/Quiz#Quiz_selectio
34 n_2
35
36 Best regards,
37 --
38 Christopher Díaz Riveros
39 Gentoo Linux Developer
40 GPG Fingerprint: E517 5ECB 8152 98E4 FEBC 2BAA 4DBB D10F 0FDD 2547