From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-07-21
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 00:22:46
1 On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:56:28 +0200 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 8. Juli 2019, 07:36:03 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
3 > > On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 06:43 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 > > > > > > > > On Sun, 07 Jul 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > > > My second agenda item is: removing posting restrictions from gentoo-dev
6 > > > > mailing list.
7 > >
8 > > As for the attacks, I believe having active Proctors team is
9 > > the
10 > > solution. After all, they provide more proactive approach
11 > > and better
12 > > response times than ComRel used to.
13 >
14 > ^ This. (That was the precise intention behind re-forming proctors.)
15 > So now that we have the proctors we can give things a try again.
16 > Attacks and hostile environment were the most critical part.
17
18 It is nice to have the Proctors team up and running. But how they
19 can help with the active ban evasion problem? Ban someone, they
20 will create a new e-mail, ban it after an inappropriate post and
21 the cycle will repeat itself. This will go for eternity or until
22 someone will get tired, but anyway the Gentoo will be hurt as an
23 ultimate result of such affair.
24
25 If I recall things correctly, the ban evasion was the main reason
26 which lead us to the whitelisting and no other solution was
27 proposed since (and I really doubt it exists).
28
29 Best regards,
30 Andrew Savchenko