From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 8th May 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 18:02:54
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 10:32:38AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > On 05-05-2012 00:32:13 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
5 > [snip]
6 > > ... you must either:
7 > >
8 > > 1) follow the initramfs guide and start using an initramfs or
9 > > 2) emerge busybox with the sep-usr use flag on and follow the
10 > > instructions you receive.
11 > >
12 > > My personal opinion is that we should not mandate one option over the
13 > > other, and this is now the only question I feel needs to be clarified.
14 >
15 > I don't feel we should mandate anything.
16 >
17 > I feel the previous vote was about intentions, not about an actual
18 > implementation.
19
20 Ok, that's the main reason I brought this up again; I was sort of
21 feeling otherwise and apparently others were also.
22
23 When I read the meeting log, some of the conversation looked like the
24 council was not only stating that separate /usr was a valid
25 configuration but mandating that we had to support it a certain way. If
26 that's not the case, there is really not anything else to discuss for
27 this. :-)
28
29 William