From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 8th May 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 18:02:54
Hi Fabian,

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 10:32:38AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 05-05-2012 00:32:13 -0500, William Hubbs wrote: > [snip] > > ... you must either: > > > > 1) follow the initramfs guide and start using an initramfs or > > 2) emerge busybox with the sep-usr use flag on and follow the > > instructions you receive. > > > > My personal opinion is that we should not mandate one option over the > > other, and this is now the only question I feel needs to be clarified. > > I don't feel we should mandate anything. > > I feel the previous vote was about intentions, not about an actual > implementation.
Ok, that's the main reason I brought this up again; I was sort of feeling otherwise and apparently others were also. When I read the meeting log, some of the conversation looked like the council was not only stating that separate /usr was a valid configuration but mandating that we had to support it a certain way. If that's not the case, there is really not anything else to discuss for this. :-) William