From: John Helmert III <ajak@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Questions for nominees
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:28:54
1 Gentoo is a community project. The health of a community project
2 relies on being controlled by that community. Many developers, and
3 even council nominees, have employers who many may see as not having
4 the best interest of open source communities at heart. Note that I do
5 *not* think that one's employer makes them less valuable as a
6 contributor, or even that developers employed by certain companies are
7 unsuitable to be on council. Still, I think that it's important to
8 keep in mind any potential conflicts of interest between Gentoo and
9 one's employer.
10
11 Thus, I have these questions for nominees:
12
13 Does your employer use Gentoo? If elected to council, could this
14 produce a conflict of interest between your employer and Gentoo? If
15 so, how would you handle the conflict?