From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Matt Turner (mattst88)
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 02:02:30
1 On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2 > As the first email in recruiters inbox from him is from May 2008 I bet
3 > some of you are already familiar with Matt "mattst88" Turner. He is
4 > joining us from Rock Hill, South Carolina to maintain the paper weights
5 > that some people call Alpha computers. Now is the perfect time to ask
6 > for keywords on all the things you have been waiting for to be
7 > keyworded! Here's how he describes himself:
8 >
9 > My interests include sports (basketball, baseball, badminton), spoken
10 > languages, and traveling. I've studied Spanish and French in school and
11 > Portuguese on my own time. I spent a month in Argentina for a Spanish
12 > immersion program this summer, so I have a basic working grasp of Spanish.
13 >
14 > My family consists of my two parents, my younger brother, and the
15 > family cat, Shadow.
16 >
17 > I'm currently enrolled in university studying Physics, Computer Science,
18 > and Mathematics. Afterwards, I hope to attend graduate school and earn a
19 > masters degree in computer engineering.
20 >
21 > Regards,
22 > Petteri
23
24 mattst88 waves!
25
26 So to update, I've since graduated with a degree in Physics, and I'm
27 now at NC State University studying for a Masters degree in Computer
28 Science.
29
30 I plan to continue maintaining Alpha-related things, and to handle
31 bugs upstream before they get to Gentoo/Alpha. I've also joined the
32 MIPS team, where I hope to move us out of ~mips and back to the stable
33 path.
34
35 Glad to be here, and looking forward to working with you all,
36 Matt Turner
37
38 http://mattst88.com/
39 http://alphalinux.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page