From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:00:08
On 2010.04.18 00:49, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> Does the council need a lead? All top-level projects have a lead > except the council. Should we maintain this exception? > > How do we elect a lead? Do the developers do it or should it be left > to the newly elected council members? >
Team, The council needs a chairman and a secretary. It does not matter if they are rotating positions or elected by the council. The chairman must be a member of the council, the secretary can be anyone capable of discharging the duties of the post. They need not be a dev at all. The main point is to prevent the waste of time at the start of the meeting working out who is logging, posting the summary and who is chairing. If other 'officer' roles would help to discharge the business of the council, the council should be free to appoint them. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead? Thomas Anderson <tanderson@g.o>