From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 03:58:17
1 On 13:58 Sat 19 Jul , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:37:09 -0400
3 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Don't take rankings too personally. The algorithm has to stick
5 > > something at the top, and something at the bottom, and it isn't like
6 > > we have tons of dead wood on the ballot.
7 >
8 > The more interesting issue is the number of times some people were
9 > ranked below _ron, though. There are people serving on the Council who,
10 > for some developers, are less preferable than rerunning the entire
11 > election with new candidates.
12
13 It does suggest, as I have in the past, that we need a more flexible
14 mechanism for sizing the council. 7 was merely chosen to be the number
15 for the first election.
16
17 Might be worth some experimentation as to whenever _ron ends up above a
18 certain percentage for any given candidate, going back historically. The
19 overall effect would be similar to a minority veto on candidates by
20 shrinking the council rather than replacing them with someone else.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25
26 Donnie Berkholz