From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Tinderbox and building everything
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:07:08
1 On 05/10/2014 08:12 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El sáb, 10-05-2014 a las 17:50 +0200, Tom Wijsman escribió:
3 > [...]
4 >> As for build failures; that boils down to either the maintainer fixing
5 >> it as it is their problem, treecleaners cleaning it (but even they have
6 >> a long backlog) or someone that is interested to fix it. But in no way
7 >> it is QA's problem; as our task is Quality Assurance, which doesn't*
8 >> imply fixing maintainer's problems (but does imply m-n / cleaning it).
9 >>
10 >> * We can try to help to some extent.
13 > At least from my point of view (as member or treecleaners), I would
14 > welcome the tinderbox as would help to detect more broken packages, some
15 > of them really old and that are not going to be fixed but, as nobody
16 > uses them, they are broken for a long time without noticing.
20 While this is true, it's is not an immediate problem. If a package is
21 terribly broken, but nobody uses it, then all it does is to occupy a few
22 KB of cvs space. It is a problem, but not a problem we need to be
23 nervous about.
26 Regards,
27 Markos Chandras