From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2017-09-10
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:47:19
Am Montag, 4. September 2017, 23:05:51 CEST schrieb Paweł Hajdan, Jr.:
> On 04/09/2017 20:37, Michał Górny wrote: > > ...or dumping Gentoo for a distribution that doesn't dump huge breakage > > on users in week's time. Guess which one is more likely to happen. > > > > If our purpose is just to show the middle finger to users, why not > > remove the keyword altogether and stop pretending it's there when it > > clearly isn't? > > Do we have any data about possible size of affected user base?
Essentially no. (cue gentoostats here) However, in some cases we do have data - e.g., when we know that an arch was completely broken and noone noticed. There were some such bugs- whoever knows best please post examples in reply... -- Andreas K. Hüttel dilfridge@g.o Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)