From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2017-09-10
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:47:19
1 Am Montag, 4. September 2017, 23:05:51 CEST schrieb Paweł Hajdan, Jr.:
2 > On 04/09/2017 20:37, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > ...or dumping Gentoo for a distribution that doesn't dump huge breakage
4 > > on users in week's time. Guess which one is more likely to happen.
5 > >
6 > > If our purpose is just to show the middle finger to users, why not
7 > > remove the keyword altogether and stop pretending it's there when it
8 > > clearly isn't?
9 >
10 > Do we have any data about possible size of affected user base?
11
12 Essentially no. (cue gentoostats here)
13
14 However, in some cases we do have data - e.g., when we know that an arch was
15 completely broken and noone noticed. There were some such bugs- whoever knows
16 best please post examples in reply...
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)