From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Why should you *not* vote on existing Council members
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 10:52:25
1 >>>>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 >> What do you suggest? Should the Council refuse any requests of a
4 >> developer to discuss personal issues?
5
6 > If the Council meeting resulted in situation change from A. a dev being
7 > apparently unable to contribute to B. a dev being able to contribute,
8 > then it counts as a change to me. It doesn't matter whether it was
9 > taken as a vote.
10
11 > Don't you think others who possibly are in similar situation would like
12 > to know about it? Don't you think it's double standards to set rules
13 > for general population, then privately admit loophole for a specific
14 > developer?
15
16 IMHO it is not a double standard. The situation is special and unique
17 that the developer was able to contribute, but lost that ability due to
18 policies that weren't in place (or at least, not enforced) at the time
19 he had been recruited. The Council didn't go as far as "grandfathering"
20 him, but we felt (and unanimously voted) that at this point, retiring
21 him for inactivity was also going too far.
22
23 Ulrich