From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council: Policy for Systemd units
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:16:56
1 >>>>> On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, hasufell wrote:
2
3 > On 06/12/2013 05:41 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
4 >> "Do what I say, or I will take over your package and do it anyway"
5 >> is a really funny way of working together...
6 >>
7 >> In most places I know this would be called bullying. I don't want
8 >> to spend my free time on a project that condones that kind of
9 >> behaviour.
10
11 > You are not giving _any_ kind of technical argument against the
12 > proposed enhancement... except authority.
13
14 > And that is not enough.
15
16 There was the argument that the unit file wasn't accepted upstream,
17 and I wouldn't dismiss this lightly. Often it's a cleaner solution if
18 files foreign to a package are installed by a separate supplementary
19 package. It avoids recompilation of the original package by the user,
20 for example.
21
22 Ulrich