From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [Bugzilla] IP-based limits
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:39:58
1 On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:24 AM Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Wednesday, August 12, 2020, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Bugzilla now has connection limits per IP. I won't say what the limit
7 > is, but if you are crawling bugzilla or using automated tools from a single
8 > source IP you may hit the limit and receive 503's for requests over the
9 > limit.
10 > > This may be a particular problem for users behind things like carrier
11 > grade NAT (where many users are multiplexed through a single egress IP.)
12 > However we have seen numerous slowdowns from bot traffic and this is a
13 > relatively straightforward change to make on our end. If you believe you
14 > are being unfairly limited / blocked, please reach out to infra@g.o
15 > .
16 > > Thanks,
17 > > -A
18 >
19 > Wouldn't 429 be more appropriate?
22 The limiter doesn't support this, sorry.
23
24 -A
28 > Tomas