From: Alex Alexander <alex.alexander@×××××.com>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Alexys Jacob (Ultrabug)
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 02:34:03
1 On 5 Jan 2011, at 22:52, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > The first of hopefully many to come this year we have Alexys "Ultrabug"
4 > Jacob from Paris, France. Alexys is joining us to help with ha-cluster
5 > stuff. I'll leave the cheap shots to you guys and let his words speak
6 > for him:
7 >
8 > My real name is Alexys, I'm 27 years old and live in Paris, France.
9 > I developped interest in Linux (Mandrake) when I was young with my
10 > grand-father who loved computers.
11 >
12 > Today I'm IT director for an online advertising and marketing group with
13 > more than 150 users and 100 servers. I always like to state that there's
14 > 60% of those servers running Gentoo Linux, and I'm fairly proud of it
15 > since when I started in the company there was no server at all. I chose
16 > Gentoo back in 2004 because I was frustrated by Fedora which was as much
17 > as a black box as Windows can be and I needed/wanted to understand and
18 > control totally my systems from the ground. After 6 years using Gentoo
19 > as production servers and workstations (for the IT team only), I really
20 > feel the need to help develop it and that's why I'm writing all this.
21 >
22 > My other interests turn around photography I especially like to
23 > photography the big towns for their architecture, the abandonned places
24 > for their really special athmosphere and the landscapes for the
25 > sensation of freedom.
26 >
27 > Other than that, I love cats (got 2 of them) and I used to be a MMORPG
28 > addict (eve online)
29 >
30 > Regards,
31 > Petteri