From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arches.desc & GLEP 72 (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 22:48:25
1 Am Samstag, 13. Mai 2017, 09:44:29 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Looks mostly good. Aside to some typos:
3 >
4 > a. 'Meaning of the second column values for other tools' says that
5 > stabilization requests on bugzilla are based on second column; I think
6 > you should update this to account for the third column.
7
8 Done (actually I just deleted the reference to bz there).
9
10 > b. Do we need a fourth column for keyword requests? I guess not since if
11 > we stop supporting specific ~arch, we can probably remove it completely.
12
13 We don't even have this case now.
14 (Which is why I'm accumulating open m68k keyword requests...)
15
16 > Which brings the next question....
17 > c. What should be the behavior for arches that are not listed
18 > in arches.desc when the file is present?
19
20 That's defined - stable. (see the paragraph on the meaning of second column
21 stable, or the backwards compatibility.)
24 Andreas K. Hüttel
25 dilfridge@g.o
26 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)