From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:57:03
1 Am Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2020, 18:18:54 CET schrieb Rich Freeman:
2
3 > Proctors basically hasn't done anything in the last 6 months or so and
4 > I think part of it is that the few actions that have been taken have
5 > almost exclusively received negative feedback. I can't remember the
6 > last time that somebody thanked me for taking some action (and unlike
7 > Comrel the actions of proctors are much more visible). How is that to
8 > be interpreted as anything other than a community consensus that the
9 > actions were inappropriate? And if so, why would we want to keep
10 > doing it? Perhaps ignoring all requests for intervention is an
11 > improvement. Certainly I've seen far fewer complaints about inaction
12 > than past actions. No doubt this isn't helping with the Comrel
13 > workload.
14
15 This. Whenever comrel actually does something feedback is at least 90%
16 negative, and everyone else thinks he knows better what should have been done.
17 The result is a dozen mailing list threads, weeks if not months long infighting
18 and people not talking to each other.
19
20 I haven't read most of the thread (and only bother with the latest mails
21 because Mikle asked me to) since I have enough of the same arguments being
22 brought up for years and years. It's just wasting time. Time that could be
23 used more productively, both inside comrel and for normal work contributing to
24 Gentoo.
27 Andreas K. Hüttel
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)