From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo conflicts and leadership
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:27:39
1 On Thursday, January 5, 2017 9:53:55 PM EST M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 > On 05/01/17 21:24, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > I believe that was how things were lead when Daniel Robbins was Chief
4 > > Architect.
5 >
6 > 1) I don't believe you got the memo that said that DRobbins left Gentoo.
7 > I certainly don't see him on the paperwork.
8
9 No one knows who is on file with the IRS. People are looking into that. If you
10 want to contact Gentoo's registered agent, who is also Daniel's Attorney and
11 ask him who filed the original paperwork etc. Its a mess that was NEVER set
12 straight from when the foundation was first filed. In fact the first filing with
13 the IRS seems to be the only one done ever.
14
15 Now what you likely are not aware of is Daniel returned to Gentoo around the
16 time he was still on file with New Mexico. When the foundation needed to be
17 reinstated. I was an advocate of his return at that time. I know for a fact
18 having spoken with Daniel. If Gentoo allowed him to have his title of Chief
19 Architect and return to lead the project he founded. He would return in a
20 heart beat.
21
22 Despite media and other rumors. He left and created Funtoo over not being able
23 to lead Gentoo. Not because of issues with developers or otherwise. If you
24 look at Funtoo he learned and will never make the same mistake there.
25
26 I am simply saying lets stop this experiment and madness. Lets bring back the
27 founder, see what his ideas are and leadership can do to the project. After
28 all he started this project. There would be no Gentoo if it wasn't for Daniel.
29
30 > 2) things move on .. they never remain static, and those that do, tend
31 > to fall behind. In software, we often call that 'bit-rot' .. FYI
32
33 I call it Gentoo..... Do you realize there are things that are not even EAPI=1
34 in tree. There is cruft I was trying to remove in 2008 that is still in
35 portage. Everything you just said explains my behavior!
36
37 Gentoo == bit-rot
38
39 Why do you think I am so upset? Its been this way for a long time. Others have
40 not been updating this stuff. Nor finding others. Just standing in the way of
41 some who would do the work they are not.
44 William L. Thomson Jr.