From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo dev announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: Git workflow GLEP (Was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items, council meeting 8/October/2017 18:00 UTC)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 20:18:00
1 W dniu czw, 28.09.2017 o godzinie 21∶56 +0200, użytkownik Kristian
2 Fiskerstrand napisał:
3 > On 09/28/2017 09:46 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > W dniu czw, 28.09.2017 o godzinie 11∶06 +0200, użytkownik Kristian
5 > > Fiskerstrand napisał:
6 > > > (2)(a) Should Bug be a generic indicator for bug information, including
7 > > > upstream bugs, or; (b) do we want to separate upstream / other
8 > > > information in e.g a References: field that can be used for other bugs
9 > > > and descriptions (including security advisories etc).
10 > >
11 > > As far as I'm concerned, one indicator for all bugs is enough,
12 > > especially that in some cases projects have Gentoo upstream which blur
13 > > the line between upstream and downstream bugs.
14 > >
15 > > As for CVEs and other uncommon stuff, I don't have a strong opinion. If
16 > > you expect some specific machine action for them, it'd be better to have
17 > > a unique tag though.
18 >
19 > I'm actually thinking more of link to things like advisories and
20 > mailing list discussions with a Reference tag in this case, which can
21 > also be used along with e.g a URI to e.g a debian bugtracker for same
22 > issue if picking a patch etc
25 > > > If so (c) is there
26 > > > a benefit in using a full URI for Bug; or should this be reduced to only
27 > > > the number,
28 > >
29 > > Only full URIs are acceptable. Numbers are ambiguous. The repository
30 > > and commits within it are mirrored to various sources, can be included
31 > > in external repositories and so on. We don't want to start closing
32 > > accidental bugs all over the place just because someone cherry-picked
33 > > a commit without escaping all references Gentoo developers left.
36 > Which could also be seen as an argument for Gentoo-Bug: XXXXXX
39 And then Gentoo-Closes, Debian-Closes, Fancybuntu-Closes, My-Fun-
40 Upstream-Tracker-Bug...
43 Best regards,
44 Michał Górny