From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 Election - Questions for Candidates
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:55:16
1 On 2020-06-19 21:25, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > I have memories of the council being set up as a disputes
3 > resolution body, not a leadership body but that was 15 years ago.
4 >
5 > Some questions ...
6 > 1. What do candidates see the councils role as in Gentoo today?
7
8 I don't have a Gentoo history of 15 years yet but from my P.O.V. I don't
9 see that council's role has or should change. I am actually happy with
10 the role from the past ~5 years I am actively watching.
11
12 And I disagree with the opinion of others, like zlogene, who said or
13 wishes that council should be more active. Like said many times, for me,
14 council isn't special. Don't give me your vote if you just want to sit
15 there and let other people think and decide what should happen in Gentoo.
16
17 Sure, council members like any other Gentoo project member can also have
18 ideas. But from my P.O.V. council members aren't special and should be
19 threaten the same. So if a council member has an idea, he/she must go
20 the same route through mailing lists and can't skip all of this to just
21 discuss and vote on during meetings.
22
23 So if *you* have an idea, just share it with the community when council
24 will ask for agenda items next time. Council will help you towards the
25 process.
28 > 2. How do candidates see the role of the Gentoo council
29 > changing in the short term .. say the next few years?
30
31 Like said above, I don't think the role is changing.
34 > 3. Why is this role change required?
35
36 Like said above, I can't think of why a role change is required.
39 > 4. How will candidates work to bring this change about during
40 > their term of office, should they be elected?
41
42 Like said above, I don't think the role must change so I don't know how
43 I should here.
47 Regards,
48 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
49 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5